MATTRESS BUYING GUIDE
“You must always invest in good shoes and a high quality bed, as if you are not in one, you are in the other.”
We also understand that buying a bed can be an exhausting proposition if you don’t know where to begin. That is why we have developed our ‘Mattress Buying Guide’ – a series of articles that will lead you through the world of beds and mattresses, and help you to feel confident that you know what to look for. After all, a mattress is a long-term investment so you’ve got to be sure you’ve made the right choice.
WHAT IS POCKET SPRUNG?
So what is a pocket sprung mattress? And why should you choose one over an open coil or memory foam mattress?
Pocket springs are the foundation of high-quality mattresses and are a fundamental component that any mattress buyer should fully understand A pocket sprung mattress consists of individual pocket springs, which in turn provides much more support & comfort than Open Coil mattresses. Springs within a open coil mattress move as one unit, so if you move around in the night, you are more likely to disturb your partner. By contrast, the springs in a pocket sprung mattress work completely independently of one another, making this type of mattress the perfect choice if you and your partner are different weights as well as ensuring you maintain correct posture throughout the night. Pocket sprung mattresses also tend to have much higher spring counts than open coil mattresses, thus offering greater support and contouring to your body more effectively.
What are the Benefits to pocket sprung mattresses?
- SUPERIROR PRESSURE RELIEF – Both pocket sprung & memory foam mattresses are renowned for there pressure relieving qualities. They support every part of the body to remove strain form main joints. This is why the combination of both our very popular for orthopaedic mattresses.
- CORRECT SPINAL ALIGNMENT – Another benefit of the foam and pocket spring combo is promoting correct anatomical alignment. With a pocket sprung memory foam mattress, your spine will keep its natural curve regardless of what position you sleep in and back pain will be eased.
- BREATHABLE - The pocket sprung core is very breathable, allowing air to move through more freely than a full foam mattress. The mattress can keep itself naturally clean and fresh, and also promotes a cooler night’s sleep
- LUXURIOUS COMFORT -The luxurious foam layer surrounding the supportive pocket spring core makes your mattress soft to touch and blissful to sleep on.
- SUPPORTS ALL SHAPES & SIZES - Strong, durable pocket springs can support a wide range of shapes and sizes. This is particularly useful for couples who have a notable size difference, as the pocket springs will support them independently from one another.
- DURABLE - The strong design, featuring hundreds of pocket springs encased in durable foam, is extremely durable. You can expect a quality pocket spring memory foam mattress to last you for 10-15 years.
- HYPOALLERGENIC - Memory foam is naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial which means your pocket sprung memory foam mattress will stay fresh, hygienic and dust mite resistant.
- NO ROLLING -Minimises the risk of you rolling towards your sleeping partner during the night
What is open coil?
Open coil is the traditional type, and tend to be less expensive as they can be manufactured on a large scale quickly and easily. They consist of a system of interlinked springs that offer a degree of contouring support, but the mattress filling above them fills in the gaps.A standard double open coil mattress will contain an average of 300 springs.
What are the benefits of open coil?
- Open coil mattress is its ability to evenly distribute the weight across the mattress and its rigid construction allows the mattress to be sat on, for example in a day bed situation.
- Open coil mattresses are extremely popular and durable mattresses and are a more affordable option for many. They are not only suitable for the master bed but are ideal for spare bedrooms and children.
- An increasingly popular use of open coil mattresses is in mobile homes, caravans or boats, where they are a versatile option. We can supply open coil mattresses in any shape or size.
- Border rod or wire gives the mattress a firm edge and helps retain its shape
Memory foam mattress
these more modern mattresses are made from memory foam, which is a mouldable material that also responds to temperature and weight, and has hypo-allergenic properties. This means it will mould to the shape of your body, absorb your weight and relieve pressure on your joints. Full foam mattresses can get warm, so the combination of foam & spring systems allows the mattress to ventilate and help cool. It’s ideal for those who need support or suffer from a bad back, as it will maintain posture and align your spine horizontally when sleeping on your side.
Latex foam mattress
As the name suggests, these mattresses are filled with latex foam, which is an especially breathable material, so you won’t overheat in the middle of the night. It’s also extremely durable and should last for many years. And it’s a good option for those with allergies or asthma. They can feel rather solid at first though, so they’re better suited to those who prefer a firmer bed.
|W90 * L190
|W120 * L190
|W135 * L190
|W150 * L200
|W180 * L200